COVID-19 Return to Tennis Guidelines
Updated on 17 June 2020
Tennis Victoria: “From 22 June 2020, COVID-19 restrictions in the State of Victoria have been eased such that tennis can be delivered more or less as it was Pre-COVID-19, with physical distancing and hygiene protocols integrated as a ‘new normal’ for the foreseeable future. There are also one or two things still not allowed such as large social gatherings, large groups of spectators and tournaments.”
Download the latest Return to Tennis Guidelines provided by Tennis Victoria.
Following safety measures on court is still important, so we recommend the following:
- Wash your hands before and after play
- Don’t share personal items such as water bottle and towel
- Avoid touching your face when on court
- Use your own racquet and avoid sharing tennis balls where possible
- Maintain social distancing on court. Singles is a much safer option than doubles
- Touch racquets instead of shaking hands at the end of matches
- Only use every second court where possible
- Don’t worry about changing ends
- Download the COVIDSafe app
Check out TENNIS VICTORIA web page for more information on a range of subjects including advice regarding coaching, court usage plan etc.